Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Homework 3/3/10

Period 4 & 5
1. Check the blog (post a comment telling me what is your all time favorite movie)
2. Read pgs. 55-56 and 69-70 from Holt textbook.
3. Type a one page response that:
- briefly summarizes and shows the connection between the 3 readings (Blackening Teeth in Tudor times, Fashion article [p. 55] and poverty article[p.69])
- addresses the following questions:
  • What was life like during the Renaissance?
  • Based on what you read about the time period, what do you think were the values for Society? (What types of things were valuable to people back then)
  • How is this similar or dissimilar to some of the values that America has today?
  • Why do you think they are similar or dissimilar?
USE PROPER PARAGRAPHS AND GRAMMAR. THE LACK OF PROPER PARAGRAPHS AND GRAMMAR WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DEDUCTION OF 5 POINTS OUT OF 25. THE REST OF YOUR GRADE WILL DEPEND ON WHETHER YOU ANSWERED ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.

4. Study for Vocab Test

17 comments:

chelsea20 said...

My all time favorite movie is selena.

chelsea20 said...

My all time favorite movie is selena.

mike Frame said...

Ms. Ramirez, my favorite movie shouldn't be unknown to you. it is of course Avatar.

Shaeed Marshall said...

my favorite all time movie is Uncle P.

-Shaeed Marshall

Michelle Q. said...

My all time FAVORITE movie is Mean Brothers. I can't decide between Mean girls and Step brothers so i say Mean Brothers:)

MALY said...

My all time favorite movie would have to be The Illusionists or The Three Ninjas

kajioka said...

Jessica --> My all time favorite movies are Happy Feet and The Longest Yard! :)

princess said...

my favorite movie, is called"Mariposas", with Jenifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, its about the story of three women and how they are the reason why we have women day.

myracuriel@hotmail.com said...

Myra- Transformers!!!!!!!!

anna rowell said...

My al time favorite movie is The Lion King! Such a classic!

Unknown said...

My all time favorite movie is You Got Served

Aneshia Watson
Period 5
March 3, 2010

Rosalina Burton said...

Hey, its Rosie, i do not really have an all time favorite movie...still looking for one. Got any suggestions?

Unknown said...

okay....by the end of this your gonna know the weirdest things about all of us..lol.. my favorite movie is tied between
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Prince of Egypt :)

raymond said...

between notebook, he got game and Love & Basketball.

Unknown said...

My all time favorite movie is Kiss the Girls with Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman.

Adrianna said...

My all time favorite movie is Cry Baby

Belen Gomez said...

My all time favorite story is Gladiator