Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homework 1/4/12

Period 4
Email me what other topics you would be interested in writing about and in what format you would like to write it in.

Period 5
Email me your honest opinion regarding the following:
Ms. R's Class Critique-
- Something you should understand: One of my biggest teaching goals are to help you work to be a better human.

  • I notice that it seems that most students are not open to trying new things or taking responsibility for their learning.
  • I notice that the general feel of the class is that there is a limited interest in talking about personal growth.
  • I notice that this class is very defensive when we have discussions even though students aren't always being rude or offensive.


Based on these observations, I think that a robotic type of class can certainly be accomplished, but, like I mentioned, I feel like we can do better.  I would like to be able to have a more humanistic (attitude, or way of life centered on human interests or values and stresses an individual's dignity and worth and capacity) class where each student is heard and valued. However, I feel that we need each of you to independently contribute to this interaction.

Is this a terrible thing that I am asking for? Am I out of line for expecting this? Should we vote on simply focusing on reading, writing and grammar and never mind the human growth?

Please don't lie to me and please aim to commit to the type of class you choose. YOUR RESPONSE SHOULD BE ABOUT 2 PARAGRAPHS.


No comments: