Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Homework 9/3/08

Period 4
Journal Entry- Finish the sentences below:

Today I feel very…
I enjoy…
I am unhappy when…
I feel good when…
I wish my teacher(s)…
My classmates think I …
School is…
I enjoy reading about…
I wish grownups would (would not)…
I like myself best when…
If I had a choice, I would…
At school I am…
I wish…
Tomorrow I would like to…

Period 5
Journal entry
1st part- Write a paragraph reflecting on the class discussion? What did you think was the best and worst part of it? What do you think could have been different? What parts did you agree and disagree with?
{please take the time to read the comment posted below. The article explains thing much more concisely than I did this afternoon :-)}

2nd part- Imagine yourself as an all-power, all-knowing god of the universe. Then, complete the following sentences "If I were God of the Universe, I would..."

  • accept
  • give up
  • respect
  • understand
  • continue
  • forget
  • change
  • replace
  • stop
  • shut out
  • fight
  • remember
  • value
  • create

1 comment:

Ms. Ramirez said...

Please visit this website to further understand the purpose of a personal statment.

http://www.statementofpurpose.com/colleges.html
(Read the whole article)

Interesting points are:
"Don't try to be something you are not. Don't try to tell the admissions committee what you think they want to hear. Be honest, look inside yourself and do your best."