Thursday, March 6, 2008

Seniors,
Here are some of the words that the juniors have been working on this week. I hope that this is of some help for the vocabulary test. If not, you are also welcome to look at their comments on their blog spaenglish11@blogspot.com.

1. potential

2. formula: The formula for a slow death is dull blades and patience.

3. distinct: There was a distinct difference between her world and the one she had been callously tossed into.

4. congenital

5. source: An interview from a Vietnam veteran is a primary source.

6. relevant: I hate it when peolpe bring up facts not relevent to anything, during an argument.

7. complex

8. beset: She was beset by horrible nightmares that never seemed to diminish. Life is hard when you are constantly beset by problems. I am constantly beset by people of inferior knowledge.

9. period :At this period in my life I want to focus on school.

10. tradition

11. primary: My primary concern is to do my homework.

12. abstruse: The words on the board were abstruse until I put my glasses on. .Don’t eat with your mouth open or your words will sound abstruse.

13. differentiate

14. clarify: I am very pleased to see that Ms. Ramirez clarified the fact that we have to do the worksheet for homework.

15. method: I have a few different methods of doing my history notes. Her method of revenge was a perverse style of acupuncture.

16. dichotomy: You can see the dichotomy between sad people and the happy people.

17. epitome :He is the epitome of an idiot. You are the epitome of a troubled child.

18. establish

19. indicate: The doctors indicated the cause of the death.

No comments: